- 1½ fluid ounces of an aged Bajan rum¹
- ½ fluid ounce of a 151-proof Demerara rum
- ¾ fluid ounce of fresh lime juice
- ¼ fluid ounce (1½ teaspoons) of falernum
- ¼ fluid ounce (1½ teaspoons) of Don’s mix
- ¼ teaspoon of pomegranate grenadine
- ¼ teaspoon (2 dashes) of pastis, Herbsaint, or French absinthe
- 2 dashes of Angostura bitters
Make sure the lime juice is well-strained. Shake all of the ingredients with ice and double strain into a frozen cocktail glass.
This is an original drink that takes the Zombie and turns it into a Daiquiri.
The use of Bajan rum is meant to simplify away the need for a split base of non-Demerara rums, however a mix of ¾ fluid ounce Jamaican and ¾ fluid ounce Spanish-style may be used instead, more closely following the original recipe of the Zombie.